[MacDV] Please, please trim the excess baggage from your quoted postings.

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Thu May 8 09:39:05 PDT 2003

C'mon, man, settle down a bit...  We're all here to help each other, and
sometimes it's necessary to keep the original message there for context...
And, well, sometimes it's not, but is it really that big of a deal?

I used to get the "digest" version of postings on this list, but found it's
much easier to follow threads with the regular version.  It's true that you
get more separate messages, but they all add up to the same amount of space
on your hard drive anyway.

If you are getting the MacDV digest and this bothers you, maybe you should
switch to the "standard" (?) list mailings...

> There are some people here who regularly send in a one or two
> sentence remark, followed by many unnecessary and irrelevant
> paragraphs of quoted text, even frequently including multiple copies
> of the MacDV list's sign-off message.  I presume these are from
> people who receive the list as individual messages rather than digest
> form.
>
> I don't know how anyone expects to edit video who can't even learn to
> edit their cotton picking email.  The excess quoting has gotten
> completely out of hand on this list.  It  is an annoying waste of
> time to everyone who receives the MacDV list.  Please stop this
> ridiculous waste of bandwidth.

I'd rather archive everything anyway...  :-P  If you don't find this list
helpful, or if it's just too "annoying", then just unsubscribe already.