Corel Photo-Paint

Mark Petrie mpetrie8 at comcast.net
Sun May 11 14:32:44 PDT 2003

I'm a fairly new FCP3 user (OS 9.2.2) and have been getting the daily
digests of this list for the past few months..I appreciate the good info and
it has been helpful in several instances. Thanks to all...

This is the first time I am writing. I am trying to create titles and
credits in Corel Photo-Paint 10 (came bundled with DVDSP; I don't own
Photoshop), but I can't seem to get FCP to open the PSD files that I
export...the files show up in the Import navigation window with the file
extension .psd and "Photoshop document" as the description in the "Kind"
column  (I export to the Capture Scratch folder for the project) along with
a preview, but when I click "Open", I get this error message: File Error:
Unknown file...however, Quicktime recognizes them as I have successfully
opened them in Picture Viewer and Quicktime Player where they are defined in
Movie Properties as Photoshop documents.

I have exported these files as GIF, and they open OK, but there is no alpha
channel, hence opaque, and I want to be able to superimpose the text over
existing video clips in the project.

Anyone else using Photo-Paint or have any suggestions as to what I may be
doing wrong? I appreciate any help.

Thanks...Mark