[MacDV] Re: Screenplays and writing tools--MacDV Digest #2161

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Mon May 12 18:07:21 PDT 2003

My point is simply that all of the formatting that FinalDraft and the
like do is easily reproduced in Word. Most people have Word. If you
already have Word why spend the money on more software. What really
matters is the writing, not the formating. To me it's like buying a
Director's Viewfinder before you've even made a movie.

Anyway if you want to go out and spend $200 on software... personally
I'd save the money and spend it on something really useful, like
renting a 24p camera...

>> All of  my friends who write screenplays say the "software" is a
>> waste of
>> money. Just set the format up in Word, - you can probably find one on
>> the web - and get a decent book that tells you what page which plot
>> point should happen and then start writing.
>
> Having a tool that makes life easier/faster/more productive
> You might want to look at Screenwriter (also known as Movie Magic 2000
> on
> the PC).
Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599