[MacDV] Re: Sceeenwriting Software--Tools

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Tue May 13 10:12:52 PDT 2003

OK! Now that's what I'm talking about... that's why I keep saying do a
treatment first!

Though I will say this. If you don't skin your knuckles once in a
while, you don't fully appreciate not having to... and in some ways I
think writing is still a somewhat old school endeavor. It should be
hard at the beginning, it should make you sweat, you should have to
really want to do it. Writing "...does not suffer fools gladly.." .

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 04:55 AM, Illovox Media wrote:

> on 5/13/03 12:08 AM, Ted Langdell at ted at tedlangdell.com wrote:
>
>> Screenwriting software is a tool.  ...
>> In essence... why would anyone put themselves through the agony of
>> skinned
>> knuckles if there are tools to avoid that?
>>
>> Ted.
>
> Exactly.
>
> Let me also say that in my work, Word is just as integral as Final
> Draft.
> The initial log lines and treatments are all done in word, which then
> get
> imported (easily) into Final Draft.  In Final Draft, I can create the
> film
> script, a theatre play, or a comic book script based on my exact short
> or
> expanded treatment.  And if it becomes clear that the idea better
> suits a
> novel, bang, I'm there again in Word.  Nothing like the right tools to
> make
> things a smooth operation, no matter how many rewrites.
>
> Run
>

> ----------
> digest version.

> $879!

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599