[MacDV] Re: Do not have cash to blow:( slightly OT

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue May 13 13:31:01 PDT 2003

I am reminded of a project I helped with last year.
  One of my regular industrial clients asked me if I would help his son,
with a movie. The kid knew almost nothing and had nothing.
I gave him a crash course in shooting and editing.
Later hhe brought back his tape and I put the finishing touches on.
Layed in the music, put on a title, some fades, and cut out the bad
parts.

This kid had a good script. A great script. I am sure he had no special
formatting software.
But his real triumph was the way he handled his Highschool age actors.
They stayed on their marks while ran from room to room and angle to
angle shooting the cuts live in-camera. They stayed in character and
delivered true performances.
And he even had them overdub their dialogue, in-camera.
That is a lot of cooperation. I was impressed.
He is in Film school now.

Jim