No screenwriting software

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue May 13 15:20:40 PDT 2003

> From: "R. A. Cantrell" <racan at flash.net>
>> I don't mean to be contrary, but the "pros" use Final Draft.
> Chas,
>         Please post a brief discussion of Final Draft versions and
> ballpark
> guesstimates for present pricing of the various versions. TIA.

I'm too lazy. :)

Here are links to reviews of the major fiction-writing tools for the
Mac, with prices:
Dramatica Pro and Plots Unlimited compared (fiction-writing):
http://www.macworld.com/2000/03/reviews/writingtools/

Final Draft 6: http://www.macworld.com/2002/06/reviews/finaldraft/

Movie Magic 2000 vs. Final Draft:
http://www.macaddict.com/issues/0209/rev.fnldrftvsscrnwrtr.html

Final Draft homepage: http://www.finaldraft.com
Movie Magic 2000 homepage: http://www.screenplay.com
Final Draft AV (strictly video): http://finaldraft.com/av/index.html

MM2000 and FD are around $199-249. Be aware that if you work primarily
in video, then what you really want when looking at Final Draft is
another product called Final Draft AV, strictly for video in all its
forms, which sells for $179. I suspect Final Draft AV is perfectly
suited for the writing needs of most people on THIS list -- I don't
suppose there are many cinema-feature screenwriters here.

_Chas_

Q: How many Microsoft programmers does it take to write a great piece
of software?

A: More!