[MacDV] Re: 970 Is Shipping

doug lauber dugster77 at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 19:18:19 PDT 2003

Illovox Media wrote:

> on 5/13/03 6:33 PM, doug lauber at dugster77 at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Kunga wrote:
> >
> >> It's the next generation PowerPC that Apple is about to begin putting
> >> into Macintosh Computers. Where have you been? No disrespect intended.
> >> I thought everyone knew this was coming.
> >
> > No disrespect, but is this a processor? And again, my question is
> > 'Can I use it in my G4?'  Yes or no. If I can't install it, the good
> > news has nothing to do with me or my Mac.  -doug
>
> Oy.

Aargh. Can I switch out the processor on my G4's motherboard?
Or do I need a whole new motherboard?  Is my current processor
upgradable?  Aargh and Oy. If I can't upgrade my processor,
then the 970 'news' is irrelevant. My Mac is fine as it is. It
works well. I'll add more ram. Another drive. But can I
upgrade the processor?   -doug