No screenwriting software

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu May 15 13:32:35 PDT 2003

> From: "R. A. Cantrell" <racan at flash.net>
>
> on 5/13/03 5:20 PM, Charles Martin at chasm at mac.com wrote:
>
>>> Please post a brief discussion of Final Draft versions and
>>> ballpark
>>> guesstimates for present pricing of the various versions. TIA.
>>
>> I'm too lazy. :)
> What I meant was a discussion of the various versions (numbers) of
> Final
> Draft vis-a-vis one another, and what one might expect to  pay for the
> back
> numbers.

Sorry, I wouldn't really know. I joined the FD club at version 6
because it ran in OS X. I don't think the company sells previous
versions, so apart from ebay I don't think they are widely available.
Before I bought FD 6, I worked with a collaborator who used FD 4 for
his video scripts, which is how I came to be familiar with it. I don't
notice a huge difference between 4 and 6, but then we were just writing
in format, not taking advantage of many of the other features.

If you do a Google search for reviews of Final Draft, I've no doubt
you'll come across some old versions and comments in the newer reviews
of what's changed.

_Chas_

"The Box said 'Windows 95 or better' ... so I got a Macintosh."