[MacDV] Firewire HDD Experience

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Thu May 15 19:36:26 PDT 2003

I have a LaCie 80 GB firewire drive and I am happy with it.  The
aluminum case looks beautiful on my desk.   I believe LaCie only makes
the cases and puts other manufacturers drives into them in my case a
7200 RPM Maxtor.  The only reservations I have is that I am not able to
capture video to it directly.  After 30 seconds or so the capture stops
so I have been capturing to the internal drive and then copy that to
the firewire drive.  An extra step but at the speed of firewire not a
big deal.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net