[MacDV] Re: Firewire HDD Experience

Alan Cawson alan_cawson at illustraresearch.com
Thu May 15 20:24:34 PDT 2003

Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

"The only reservations I have is that I am not able to
capture video to it directly.  After 30 seconds or so the capture stops
so I have been capturing to the internal drive and then copy that to
the firewire drive.  An extra step but at the speed of firewire not a
big deal."

Interesting.  My LaCie has a Western Digital WDC WD12 inside, but I
believe other 12 GB LaCie drives can have drives from IBM and Maxtor.
Mine is quiet but others report IBM drives are quieter.

I can capture direct to the Firewire drive without dropping frames.  I
guess I was lucky.

Alan