Editing Software Question

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu May 15 20:58:14 PDT 2003

> From: David Thrasher <idave at earthlink.net>
>
> I tried out iMovie 3 on my 800 Mhz slot load iMac using OS 10.1.5 and
> it was slooowwww!

Not very surprising. Why are you not on Jag? It's significantly faster
than 10.1.5. Also, how much memory have you got running on that machine?

> I was wondering how well Final Cut Express would perform?

FCP is a significantly different -- and some would say more complicated
-- program than iMovie. I would guess it would perform at around the
same speed as iMovie. Perhaps adding RAM or using a large, FW dedicated
drive would make more a difference.

_Chas_

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that
we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918