Recording Audio cassettes to CD

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri May 16 22:05:44 PDT 2003

> From: Jim Soriano <jsoriano at sumbeach.com>
>
> Norm, thanks for the recipe.  I assume that this same procedure works
> for recording LP records (wax, vinyl, whatever) with the connection
> being turntable L/R outputs -> pre-amp -> amp -> iMic?  Any gotchas to
> worry about?

Actually you don't need the preamp in your equation. The company that
makes the iMic (griffintechnology.com) has a free piece of software
called "Final Vinyl" that allows iMic owner to plug the turntable
outputs directly (well, though a RCA to stereo 1/8" adapter) to the
iMic for capture. No pre-amp needed, works very well!

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com - at last, my review of "The Two
Towers." Check it out!