[MacDV] Re: iDVD/iMovie 3 questions

Ray Zimmerman rz10 at cornell.edu
Mon May 19 18:57:18 PDT 2003

>>1. How do I set the default theme that's used when I hit the Create
>>iDVD Project button in iMovie?
>
>You can hack behind the scenes to change the order of the
>themes and change the default project from the utterly
>awful theater theme.

Can you give me a pointer where to find the stuff?

>>2. How can I split a DV clip file into two separate files? I
>>thought iMovie used to do this when you split the clip at the
>>playhead. But in iMovie 3.0.2, even if I split a clip, trash half
>>and empty the trash it still doesn't change the size of that clip
>>file.
>
>I'd use QuickTime Pro, myself.
>
>-- Erica
>p.s. iMovie doesn't split them because its creating references
>to a file, not actually altering the file

But didn't older versions actually split the file? And what in the
world is it doing when it claims that it has to move GB's of data
around when I empty the trash, but it doesn't actually alter the
files?

--
  Ray Zimmerman  / e-mail: rz10 at cornell.edu / 428-B Phillips Hall
   Sr Research  /   phone: (607) 255-9645  /  Cornell University