This is: How to play a PAL encoded DVD?

Hans de Bijl hansdebijl at wanadoo.nl
Tue May 20 01:01:48 PDT 2003

This works allways:

Copy the DVD to your mac with DVDBackup 1.3 or OSeX if there's some newer protection.
Make it regio-free and disable all protections.\

Now write it back to a DVD-R with DVD2OneX. This program compies a DVD9 to a DVD5 if it's above 4.4 Gb.

If your DVD player can't play PAL (but I doubt it) you must translate the whole movie to NTSC
Erica Sadun wrote a lot about this stuff on this list and the iMovie-list.

Regards
Hans de Bijl

I'm in California and my region in DVD Player is set for North America.
  Does anyone know of a way to play a DVD intended for use in Britain?
I want to buy "The Royle Family" but I  can't find it in anything but
PAL  Region 2.  Any ideas?
Thanks much-
Donna