[MacDV] Did anyone else see this?

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Tue May 20 18:20:08 PDT 2003

I saw this but it really means very little to Apple users since you
would need the software to take advantage of the DVD+RW format and
Apple seems to be supporting the -R format.  It will give PC users
greater flexibility because when they buy a drive they are not marrying
to one format.  A couple of months ago Sony had already come out with a
drive that could use both formats.
Unless authoring programs for +RW are available to Apple users the
drives new abilities will be lost to us and in reality the
compatibility for video DVDs with current set top players is about
equal for either format.  There may be advantages in particular
circumstances (if your current set top player plays +RW better than _R)
for one format over the other but over all it makes little difference.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net