Final Cut Express Comments please

Jim McElligott jimmce at pacbell.net
Thu May 22 15:59:05 PDT 2003

On 5/22/03 1:59 AM, Steve Kerney <stevekerney at earthlink.net> wrote:

> What iMovie 2 export settings can I use to improve the marginally acceptable
> default "Full Quality, Large" results?

Steve, you didn't say what you intended to do with the exported project -
play it on a VCR or leave it on your computer. Have you tried exporting back
to your camera? (File -> Export Movie...-> To Camera) That should give you
good results; it should look even better than it does in iMovie.

Also, DV native resolution is 720 x 480; that will be the size of the QT
movie when you export at "Full Quality". Maybe there is an issue with the
pictures you imported, but I never had a problem. Check this out in the
unofficial iMovie FAQ:
http://www.danslagle.com/mac/iMovie/iMovieFAQ.html#Stills

Jim