[MacDV] problems with LaCie Harddrive

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Fri May 23 04:56:38 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 07:43 PM, Spud0812 at aol.com wrote:

> I have 2 LaCie 120 gig harddrives here and they both are problematic.
> One of them will not permit me to transfer projects to other
> harddrives without corrupting the files. The other will not let me
> export to dv. I have talked to tech support in Oregon, they suggested
> defragging and partitioning the later drive as it keeps saying the
> drive is too slow?
> What do I do? How do I do any of this? Is Disk Warrior recommended for
> this, or Norton?
> Thanks so much,
> Vikki

A disk warrior CD would work fine use plus optimizer on the same disk
to do this. do you know what the RPM of the drives are if their 5400 or
faster they should be fine but i have seen problems with 5400 RPM
drives with 512k or smaller caches - so do you know the cache size?

You might pull one of the drive outs of the FW case install in your mac
and see if it works ok their. Also what model mac you are using and its
processor speed?

Frank Farwell