iMovie 2 Export

Steve Kerney stevekerney at earthlink.net
Fri May 23 18:22:28 PDT 2003

> Steve, you didn't say what you intended to do with the exported project -
> play it on a VCR or leave it on your computer. Have you tried exporting back
> to your camera? (File -> Export Movie...-> To Camera) That should give you
> good results; it should look even better than it does in iMovie.
>
> Also, DV native resolution is 720 x 480; that will be the size of the QT
> movie when you export at "Full Quality". Maybe there is an issue with the
> pictures you imported, but I never had a problem. Check this out in the
> unofficial iMovie FAQ:
> http://www.danslagle.com/mac/iMovie/iMovieFAQ.html#Stills
>
> Jim

Sorry 'bout that.  I was hoping to 1) create some high quality QuickTime
videos (like the movie trailers one can download) and 2) edit video tapes
(for playing on a VCR).  I'll use your export back to camera idea for the
latter and probably bail on the former.  Thanks for the web link - great
info.  Steve