Semi OT: Font Management...

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Sun May 25 11:22:19 PDT 2003

Hey folks:
I have a bunch of title sequences I did a while ago, I'm trying to
re-do and tweak some of them for a new reel I'm putting together but
I'm having a lot of trouble with font management on OSX.

Right now I'm using Suitcase 10.2.2. I was using FontAgent Pro, but
that was giving me an whole other set of problems.

The problems are thus:
Suitcase will recognize everything I give it but keeps telling me there
is a conflict (with the ones I need of course) with fonts in the system
folder... which I cannot move (root owned). Even though they are fonts
like Universe Suitcase says they conflict... so I assume it is a
numbering issue. Suitcase's Font Doctor gives you the option of
resolving numbering conflicts, but does not seem to resolve them.

FontAgent Pro will not recognize a lot of the fonts I have, and keeps
trashing them as incomplete. So for example it will see all of Universe
except the Bold (or something like that) Further it hangs and crashes a
lot.... so I switched back to Suitcase.

I have ATM running on Classic and that all seems fine, but I hate
running in classic. I have everything I need to run only OSX... except
cannot seem to resolve the font management problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated.
Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599