[MacDV] Importing clips from a Sony MicroDV

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Wed May 28 05:20:05 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 07:46  AM, Paul Villasenor wrote:

> I have a friend who's trying to import video clips from his Sony
> MicroDV camcorder into his Mac. As you all know, the MicroDV clips are
> MPEG-2 and can't be handled directly by iMovie. Any suggestions?

He can connect the camera's analog out to a bridge or pass through a DV
camcorder to convert to DV and then import to iMovie.  The problem with
this solution is after the camera compresses to mpeg2 then converts to
analog which you convert to DV then edit and probably compress to mpeg2
again to burn a DVD the quality has to suffer.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net