bright faces

RichGB rgb at ellerbach.com
Thu May 29 14:28:42 PDT 2003

On [2003-May-28]  Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com> wrote:
> >From: "RichGB" <rgb at ellerbach.com>
> >White balance != exposure control
> >

> Maybe, but on most consumer-level cameras (which is what the OP was
> talking about using) the two are one and the same thing.

Maybe you could give some examples so we know which cameras to avoid?

Because all of the sub $1000 ones I have used or examined have allowed at
least some exposure control by specifying things like "sand&snow",
"spotlight", etc. or by allowing an increase/decrease in the auto-exposure
setting. You might not have full control but at least it helps. And these
adjustments are totally separate from the white balance setting.

Rich