[MacDV] Re: dvd to vcd question

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Fri May 30 16:30:41 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 06:45  PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

>> On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 06:14  PM, Donna B wrote:
>>
>>> on 5/30/03 5:31 PM, Jim Asherman at jimash at optonline.net scripsit:

>>> what is wrong?
>>> I don't know much about dvds. What breaks to make it not show?
>>>
>>> Donna
>>>

>> Somewhere Erica mentioned Finalization. That IS a big deal if it is a
>> +R.
>> If it is a DVD+R and they did'nt finalize it then you will need to
>> take it to a standalone DVD recorder and go through the menus or
>> whatever to finalize it.
>> There is also a similar procedure for DVD+RW .
>> If it is a DVD-R though you can fix it with a mac.  Maybe somone at
>> your job would help.
>> Jim
>
> How do you fix with a mac? (I have a DVD-R panasonic)
>
> -- E

We already know that the only place this thing will play is a mac.
If the fault is the media , then a superdrive Mac w/ Toast can probably
read it and make a copy on a better brand of DVD.
  I Really wasn't counting standalone DVDRecorders ( I have a Philips),
but if the fault was the media it might apply anyway.
Jim