[MacDV] Re: dvd to vcd question

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Fri May 30 18:43:09 PDT 2003

on 5/30/03 6:43 PM, Miraz Jordan at miraz at firstbite.co.nz scripsit:

> At 18:30 -0400 30/05/2003, Donna B wrote:
>>> Try another DVD player. (Check out www.dvdrhelp.com for
>>> compatibility lists)
>>>
>> apex 600, panasonic of some nature and my all region Lasonic failed.
>
> In New Zealand the Apex 600 is called Hiteker. This is the one I
> have. According to Apple's compatibility list it's one of the few
> which can't play the DVDs I make with my Powerbook. Sigh.
>
> [http://www.apple.com/dvd/compatibility/]
>
> This may be your problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Miraz

Well it wasn't made on a Mac... It was made on some manner of tv to dvd
product or possibly on a PC. It plays fairly well on my iMac except the
chapter title page (I'm not sure what you call it... The menu where you
choose the chapter you want to see) doesn't show up until the end of the dvd
and doesn't really work. I'm thinking it wasn't mastered correctly, but I
want to salvage the info that _is_ on it.

My lasonic claims to play everything and hasn't balked once before this.

Donna
C'mere ya big blond beauty - Starsky to Hutch
Well, we have each other... - Illya Kuryakin to Napoleon Solo
So you and me are a mobile ghetto eh? - Bodie to Doyle

"Sure, he looks good naked and handcuffed with his underwear down around his
ankles, but who doesn't?"

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi