[MacDV] No sound on VCD file

Peter van der Linden pvdl at afu.com
Mon Nov 3 19:21:01 PST 2003

What do people use to create a VCD file from a DVD back-up?
I am running the latest version of 42 (ver 1.6.2) under MacOS Panther.
I am trying to create a VCD from a DVD backup.
It runs for several hours, and produces a single .avi file of about the
right size (500 MB).

There are problems:
1.  The finished AVI has video, but no sound.
       I tried QT player, and VLC software, and both of these played the
video but no sound.
       (Sound turned up all the way on computer, etc).

2.  When I try to burn the file to VCD using toast 5.2.1, Toast refuses
the input and says the file is
      not a multiple of some number of bytes (2352 or some such).

How do other people create a VCD file from a DVD back-up?