Re making a cross platform dvd

cathal mc carthy mccarthycathal at eircom.net
Mon Nov 17 16:43:14 PST 2003

I have been trying to make a dvd on the mac that will play on pc.
I created a slideshow and  movie in imovie which I wanted to play on a
pc
I used roxio toast 5 but could not get it to open in the pc running win
98 I did not export to quicktime as I was hoping to keep all the
settings of the idvd menu for the pc-Is this not possible or is there
other software that will keep the settings.
I prefer the mac settings as they look nicer than quicktime ones and
people can download the photos from the slidshow.
What is the best way to get a dvd to play on a pc?
My movie when exported at full quality dv is 6.9gb is there anyway to
fit this on a dvd without losing quality?
Is quicktime the only way of doing it and do I need quicktime pro.
any answers would be appreciated
thank you all
Cathal