[MacDV] Re making a cross platform dvd

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 17 09:00:32 PST 2003

>What is the best way to get a dvd to play on a pc?

Burn it to a DVD-R or DVD+R and walk it over to the PC.

>My movie when exported at full quality dv is 6.9gb is there anyway
>to fit this on a dvd without losing quality?

You're going to lose quality with DVD compression, whether you
want to or not. 6.9 GB is just over a half hour of DV video.
You can fit that onto a 4.7 GB DVD without any trouble.

However, if you want to play back reliably on PCs, you should
think about limiting the bitrate down to the 90-minute setting
for iDVD rather than the 60-minute setting.

>Is quicktime the only way of doing it and do I need quicktime pro.
>any answers would be appreciated

You don't need QT Pro.

-- Erica