[MacDV] Panasonic PV-GS70 camcorder

Ryan Sutter vioman at nucleargopher.com
Thu Nov 20 05:56:55 PST 2003

Hi Norm,

I just got a Panasonic PV-GS70 last night.  My experiences are
therefore somewhat limited.  I can tell you, however, that I shot some
footage around the house and hooked it up to my TiBook (running Jaguar)
and the camera was perfectly compatible with both FCP and iMovie.  I
imported the footage and it looked great.  The GS70 does support A/D
Passthrough and although I haven't tried it yet, I intend to tonight to
convert some old videos I have on VHS, I don't anticipate any problems
but I will let you know how it works out for me.  I have heard that the
only real Mac incompatibility is that the USB access to the memory card
for still photos doesn't work with Macs but I don't know if that's true
or not yet.  I'll be trying that tonight as well.  It's not like I
intend to use it as a digital still camera anyhow, but it would be nice
to know.

Ryan