DVD Player Error Need help!!

Fred Keene fkeene at cablenet-va.com
Sat Nov 22 13:35:38 PST 2003

I have sent this message to another list, obtained some suggestions,
but still have not solved the problem.

When I attempt to play DVD movies by inserting a disk in my
SuperDrive I get the message:
"DVD Player encountered a serious error.   The current machine or
system configuration is not supported [-70013]"
This message came up even when I inserted a DVD made on this computer
with iMovie, and which plays fine on my Sony DVD player.

My DVD Player Application is version 3.2 (Apples site shows this as
the correct version for Jaguar)

Working with OS 10.2.6 on a G4 Quicksilver with SuperDrive
My DVD Drive is DVR-104 Revision:A227

(A while ago I upgraded the firmware from A220 to A227 as was
recommended for compatibility with 4X DVD-R disks.)

Has anyone on this list had this problem?
Any suggestions?

...Fred