Monitoring video from Roland Sampler--MacDV Digest #2393

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Oct 1 09:14:19 PDT 2003

Jamie,

A couple of nagging questions:  How well will your laptop output the midi
file to the sampler while processing incoming video... and will having the
video window to the front affect midi output.

What about purchasing a 5 or 6 inch (diagonal) LCD panel, or if you need
something bigger an 8 or 13 inch (diagonal) TV.

I've seen several items that might work for you at Sam's Club and elsewhere
for a couple of hundred bucks or so.  The 13" unit was AC/DC, had a DVD
player and IIRC had external video inputs.

That would give you some entertainment value when you're not playing.

You might also look at a 15" LCD computer monitor with NTSC video inputs and
tuner.

Ted.