[MacDV] downloading music from apple

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 13:32:56 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 10:56 PM, don hinkle wrote:

> I need some music for an iMovie.
> The music is available on the apple store, but I see that it is
> delivered in a non-mp3 format. Can iMovie suck this in? Is there some
> way to convert it to mp3?

Yeah, it's called iTunes.

BTW, what music is available on the Apple Store? Or do you mean the
Apple Music Store? If you are referring to the AAC files you download
from there, you will need to use a workaround. Download the songs. Rip
then to a CD. Then import the CD using the MP3 converter in iTunes.
Choppy, but it'll work.

But, as others have pointed out, iMovie supports AAC, unless you are
using an older version.

Daniel