First Post: DVD Pro Questions

Carter Tomassi carter at messyoptics.com
Fri Oct 3 00:56:07 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone,
I hope this goes to the right place. I have a short series of questions:

1) We did a test burn today with iMovie to iDVD. If the title frame
was all black the disc would not play in our Sony machine. When I put
a title on the black frame it played fine. What happened there?

2) Does DVD Pro latest version have the ability to set the DVD to
autoplay. You (or the company owner) just slips the disc into the
machine and it plays our short movie.

3) How short can a movie be burnt on a DVD and still play? Under a minute?

4) We are eventually going to a rental plasma screen. Is there a
standard pixel size for anamorphic (16x9) frames going to plasma? Our
clients told us 848 x 480, I have been told otherwise on the After
Effects list. The animation we are using fits 848x480 but a little
change would not be noticed.

Thanks,
Carter