DVD-SP2.02 Question

Erick Camp campej at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 14:13:39 PDT 2003

I have created a wedding video.  The main menu has an audio loop from
the wedding band.  I want the audio loop to only play one time, when
the DVD is first inserted.

On my first attempt to achieve my desired goal, I set the menu to
"still" after it plays.  However, whenever I branch back to the main
menu the audio plays again.  I thought that I could use a GPRM counter
to control the playing, and have the ability to zero the counter and
increment the counter.  However, I can not find a method to cause the
audio track to check the counter, play if zero, and then increment the
counter.  For all branch points, I have each menu set to make the
counter set to one.

I finally just copied the main menu and on this copy deleted the audio
background.  All branches now branch to the duplicate "main" menu.
This works, but I still think that a counter method should also be
possible.

Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

Erick Camp