Making DVD's from VHS tapes

Aaron Kwinter abk at globalegg.com
Mon Oct 6 13:09:28 PDT 2003

I would like to transfer a number of home movies (on VHS) to DVD and I am
trying to determine the easiest and quickest way to do this. I have a Sony
PC9 DV video camera that has a built in analog to digital converter. If I
want to copy the vhs analog movies onto DVD is it necessary for me to first
copy them onto a digital tape in my video camera or is there some way that I
can just pass the signal through and record directly into imovie (and then
make a DVD with idvd). Any help would be greatly appreciated.