Avid FreeDV software

Dr. M. Burek mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 07:46:51 PDT 2003

On 10/7/03 10:56 PM, "David Thrasher" <idave at earthlink.net> wrote:

 >> It's free software and I can only assume that Avid intends it to be
an iMovie
 >> killer and hopes that people who use it will want to move up to
their pricey
 >> professional software instead of Final Cut Pro.
 >

 >My mom used to say,
 >
 >"90% of nothing is still nothing."
 >
 >Long Live Final Cut.
 >
 >Dan

Yeah, I agree. Renders only to QuickTime? No MPEG-1 or -2?? And to get
it, you have to buy Avid Xpress Pro, which is $1700? Come on...

I'll stick with the Apple apps, thanks...

If you try this, be sure to read the system requirements and the missing
"feature" lists. It isn't even worth a download...