[MacDV] Re: Avid FreeDV software

Ryan Sutter vioman at nucleargopher.com
Wed Oct 8 08:42:17 PDT 2003

It's worth the download if you are an iMovie user who is not interested in shelling out $1000 for FCP but want compositing capabilities.  iMovie, no compositing.  FCP Express, nope.  This is free and does allow for compositing and keyframes.  That means it will be a good tool for many people.  Don't knock something just because it's not Apple.  I use FCP, but if I were an iMovie or even FCP Express user, I would also get Avid Free DV for that feature alone.

Ryan

--- "Dr. M. Burek" <mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
On 10/7/03 10:56 PM, "David Thrasher" <idave at earthlink.net> wrote:

 >> It's free software and I can only assume that Avid intends it to be
an iMovie
 >> killer and hopes that people who use it will want to move up to
their pricey
 >> professional software instead of Final Cut Pro.
 >

 >My mom used to say,
 >
 >"90% of nothing is still nothing."
 >
 >Long Live Final Cut.
 >
 >Dan

Yeah, I agree. Renders only to QuickTime? No MPEG-1 or -2?? And to get
it, you have to buy Avid Xpress Pro, which is $1700? Come on...

I'll stick with the Apple apps, thanks...

If you try this, be sure to read the system requirements and the missing
"feature" lists. It isn't even worth a download...

<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/MacDV.html>.
Send a message to <MacDV-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest version.

 XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    |         http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml