Odd screen

Dr. M. Burek mrwitch at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 8 20:39:41 PDT 2003

I just installed a Formac ProTV II yesterday. I'm primarily using it in
OS X 10.2.6. I noticed a slightly annoying thing, though. If I have to
TV or video capture window any larger than, say, 240x240 or so, right in
the middle of the image running vertically there are horizontal lines
all over the place. They disappear when I shrink the window somewhat.

Is this due to the video system in my Mac? I am using the video system
onboard my 7300, not using a PCI card of any kind (other than the
Formac). Would this go away if I installed an OS X accelerated video card?

Apple Power Macintosh 7300 Sonnet G3 400MHz w/ OS 9.1 & OS X Jaguar
10.2.6  288MB RAM 10GB IBM UltraStar HD & Yamaha CRW4416SX CD-RW