[MacDV] Re: Video Disc capture and creation help?

ShirleyK ShirleyKat at cox.net
Wed Oct 15 16:58:36 PDT 2003

I've read on this list or the iMovie list that SVCD holds about 20
minutes and VCD holds 1 hour. So I was immediately thinking about 3 CDs
in place of one VHS tape. Depending on whether the original poster uses
jewel cases, it seems like a bit of a wash on storage space. You might
buy spindles of 100 CDs and put them back on the spindle to save room.

Also, you could be surprised one day when the tape is still good and
the CD is not. I no longer trust media I burn myself, especially DVD. I
had one go bad after about 2 weeks because it sat beside a window. I'm
careful to keep my data CDs and DVDs in a file drawer now.

Shirley

P.S. I didn't know there were 500 TV programs worth going to all this
bother for :-)