[MacDV] Chapters in a DVD

Erick Camp campej at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 20:54:21 PDT 2003

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 06:10  PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> My question: Can I give them a DVD (created by iDVD) that has
> "chapters" in
> it? Chapters being specific segments that they can download per the
> script
> of the program?

When I  tried Chapter is iDVD, what I found that I ended up with was a
pointer to a starting position.  In other words, the Chapter pointer
allow one to jump to a point in a movie and play from that point to the
end of the movie.  In other words, you do not have an ability to set an
end point other than the end of the entire movie.

> If iDVD cannot do it, can DVD STudio Pro? I have DVD SP v 1.5 but have
> never used it.

DVDSP 2.02 does an excellent job of setting loop segments that one can
control.  This seems to be one of several differentiating features
between iDVD and DVD SP.  SP 1.5 probably has the same capability, but
I never was able to learn it well enough to use those kinds of advanced
features.  2.02 has a really easy interface and makes the task much
easier.

Erick