[MacDV] Re: Sound in

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Oct 18 18:47:08 PDT 2003

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 07:15  PM, sb wrote:

> You mean record sound with the analog connections? Yes.
> You should have an A/V cable with a single mini plug on one end for the
> camera, and 3 RCA (yellow, red, white) on the other end for the
> external
> source.
>
>  sb

That turns it into a VCR. Your lens will not work.
use the mic input and pad it down or go manual through the mennu but as
soon as you go to manual the limiter turns off so I try to make
adjustments outside before it hits the mic inputs.
I also use a small battery powered mixer. But it isn't always needed.
Jim