toast to create a VCD?

David Thrasher idave at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 21 16:09:38 PDT 2003

The version of Toast that I'm using works this way to create a VCD:

1. You go under other to Video CD.
2. You drop a Quicktime movie into the window and it creates an mpeg file from it. (I've always had my .mov file out on the Desktop when I've done this (using OS 9) and Toast has always left the mpeg file on the Desktop.) It takes awhile for it to make the mpeg file, so you'll need to be patient.
3. Once it had created the mpeg file, you can then drop that in the window and from there burn your VCD.

Bear in mind that this is the original version of a Video CD and not a Super VCD, so the resolution will be lower and it's going to look a lot like a VHS tape recorded in the 6 hour mode.

An image file? That's a file that can be created that is an exact replica of your disk (icon positions and all). Toast can take this file and use it to create an exact replica of your original. It's a handy thing if you don't have a second drive to copy your original from. Apple's Disk Copy program also makes and uses disk image files.

Hope that helps.

-Dave