[MacDV] Re: Converting QT .mov files to .mpg

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Oct 22 11:34:07 PDT 2003

> It doesn't necessarily help because QT is not supported for playing
> embedded movies in PowerPoint on the PC versions. At least on all the
> versions I tried. There are some articles about this on the web that I
> surfed up when I first hit the same problem. AVI or MPEG seems to be
> the way to go.

Yes.

Unfortunately we don't have QT Pro. Is there anything else? I thought mpegs
were compressed files themselves? Why would they be so large?

> On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 12:21 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:
>
> > And why didn't she downloaded QT for PC?

We've had several PCs with QT that will not work with Powerpoint. There's no
point using it. Plus the PC people don't want to download and install more
software on their computers for all sorts of reasons, some "legitmate" and some
not. The point is I'm looking for a solution that the easiest for the PC people
and requires the least amount of fuss on their part.

thanx

Richard