[MacDV] Re: Converting QT .mov files to .mpg

Carl Flatow cflatow at optonline.net
Thu Oct 23 04:54:17 PDT 2003

I was too busy to read these posts yesterday but I have been involved
in a similar discussion elsewhere.
The answer seems to be about specific codecs. not the general soft
applications. QT uses codecs which are not available/ supported on
Windows (yet?).
I say "seems to be" because this is what I've been told. I have not had
the opportunity to check this out myself yet.
But I just bought a PC (it's still in the box- literally) and I hope to
get to the bottom of this as I will be working in a business where it
is imperative that I work cross-platform.

I will report back as soon as I have a more helpful answer. In the mean
time here's an interesting link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=316992&product=w98#34

This is linked to a specific anchor, but I think the whole page is
interesting.

Carl