[MacDV] Re: external DVD burner

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 19:22:20 PST 2003

If you are trying to do DVD authoring using a G3 based Mac it might be
better to save the money towards the purchase of a G4.  A eMac would
cost 3 or 4 times that of a firewire DVD burner and you would have
system that is faster and more capable in every way.  I remember when I
bought my first CD burner it was a USB burner and bought  it for the
same reasons you are stating, all the coaster I burned (resulting from
a system too slow and short of resources) were frustrating beyond
belief.  My advice would be to wait and anticipate the pleasure of
creating DVDs with a system up to the job rather than have a bad
experience with equipment past it's best before date.

Gerhard