[MacDV] Re: Hard drives

Ann Billups abillups at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 21:39:17 PST 2003

The full sized ones I have (three of them) are all firewire only (no
usb ports) all bought over the space of a year for between $59 and
$69.The case is silver and pretty cheesy looking, but does the job just
fine. I don't remember the brand and of course threw the boxes away.

  I don't remember what the portable one was and the user manual (which
I kept) just says 1394 external drive. I think it cost $69, but that
was probably two years ago. It also seems pretty flimsy, but I have a
padded case it fits in and it was a great size for quick file saves and
transfers.

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 10:26  AM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Which type of FW case? They have three varying in price. Thanx for the
> tip
> about Fry's they have the best selection I've see so far. I didn't
> think
> finding a case would be so difficult.
>
> Richard
>

> Quoting Ann Billups <abillups at mac.com>:
>
>> This is a little less than timely, but I have found the Fry's generic
>> firewire cases to work just fine. I bought a self powered one for the
>> original 2 gig hd from my 233 wallstreet and it works just fine. I had
>> my (expensive) maxtor 80 gig go bad and on a whim tried putting it in
>> full sized fw case from Fry's, and it also works just fine.
>>
>> I too have had trouble in the past with OWC. Sometimes they are
>> helpful
>> others not.
>>
> tock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Ann Billups