[MacDV] Re: Cheap trick

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Fri Oct 31 18:25:16 PST 2003

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 09:12  PM, Richard Dalziel-Sharpe wrote:

> Thats the way Apple does things. Right.

I like Apple a lot but it is a cash grab and short sighted at that, the
licensing can be handled the same way they handle mpeg2 in QT (QT
requires a $19.99 plug in to play the Mpeg2 format) with a plug in that
you would have to purchase in order to use a external burner.  They are
able to handle the licensing with DVD Studio Pro and external burners
but they feel we should make loyal Apple fans either buy new equipment
or premium (expensive) software.

Gerhard Kuhn
suspice at hay.net