[MacDV] Re: Tv safe area in iDVD

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 21:22:31 PDT 2003

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 05:06 PM, Hacorb at aol.com wrote:

> So there is no way to compensate for this overscanning? I am assuming
> the answer is "no".

Practically speaking, no. You could perhaps compensate for it on a
specific TV, if you knew how much the overscan was. But it might be
cropped, or show a black border on another TV. The crop amount is just
somewhere in the TV safe area, but since it varies from one TV to
another, you're pretty much hosed unless you don't mind having a black
border around your image (I have done that before). Does NTSC suck, or
what?

SR