[MacDV] iMovie Titles Using Photoshop

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 09:54:29 PDT 2003

If you're using Photoshop 7, create a new document and use the preset:

"720 x 534 Std. NTSC DV/DVD"

- or -

720 x 534 @ 72 dpi (the dpi isn't as critical as the pixel dimensions)

Make sure you're in RGB mode (AdobeRGB is pretty close to video gamut)

My guess is that iMovie doesn't scale images too well, and they tend to
pixelate in the process.

Hope that helps.

- Mark