[MacDV] Re: iMovie Titles Using Photoshop

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 10:13:39 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 11:00 AM, Erica Sadun wrote:

> 720x480 in iMovie isn't the same as 720x480 in the DV format.
>
> If you use 720x480 with iMovie, you should end up with  circles that
> look oval on your TV set.
>
> iMovie was designed for a consumer audience who wants WYSIWYG.

Ah - I get it. iMovie assumes you're giving it a 4:3 image, so if you
try to anticipate the conversion, you just goof it up.

I think I noticed some time ago that it always resizes images to fit if
they're not in the correct aspect ratio - the "full circle"
implications of what its doing under the covers just didn't dawn on me.
. . .

SR