[MacDV] Re: QuickTime Options

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 14 05:06:27 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 11:18  PM, Mark.Florida wrote:

> But then again, the MPEG-4 movie should have been *much* smaller as
> well, assuming the audio was compressed in the process.
>
> One question -- were you exporting these files to the same hard drive?
>  Is it formated for Mac OS Standard or Extended?

Yes. All the files were going to the same 800 MHz iMac 80 GB internal
drive- still formatted as it came from the factory. But the
uncompressed audio suggestion sounds right. My first description was a
little misleading. The first QuickTime movie was created using the pop
up menu that says"Use Default Settings." I clicked on that and chose
"DSL/Cable High Quality." This was the one that came out looking good
at about 30 MB. The Sorenson and MP4 versions were created by clicking
on the "Options" button and choosing high quality, 30 fps and 320 by
240 player size. I didn't change the audio settings for these.

But the fact remains that the Sorenson 3 version has problems that the
default "DSL/Cable High" version does not. The problems seem to show up
the worst when slowly zooming in or out on a scene- especially faces.
I'll ask the artist if I can upload these to my .Mac account so all of
you can see the problem.

Thanks,
Steve R.