PC Compatibility with iDVD produced DVD

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Sun Sep 14 17:41:17 PDT 2003

I was asked to make a DVD out of footage my friend took on a MiniDV
camera. I captured it with FCP and marked chapters and exported it as a
FCP movie. Then imported it into iDVD3 with no trouble. After burning
it on my 12" PowerBook, it worked fine on my PowerBook. However, I
received this message from him today:

Begin message:

>  the DVD didn't work on my computer. Other DVD'S are fine. It's
> XP (which helps to explain a lot). Is it looking for some kind of init-
> ization file(s)? Neither PowerDVD nor Windows Media Player recognized
> that there was a disc in the drive. What next?
> I'll try the DVD in a regular player this coming week.

Anyone know why his PC didn't recognize it? Should it?

Daniel